Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BBQ Chicken and Rice

Not only do I love to cook, but I love to make stuff up and hope it is good. Friends, this one rocks.

Place 2 cups or so of uncooked brown minute rice in 9x13 baking dish

Pour over top of rice a can of black beans, undrained.  You need the liquid.

Sprinkle a generous amount of the seasoning salt of your choice.

Place 6-8 boneless chicken thighs on rice mixture (you could use breasts or bone in or whatever, but the thighs rocked).

Salt and pepper the chicken, then pour a bottle of BBQ sauce on top (I used "Sweet Baby Rays").

Bake covered with foil at 375 for about an hour and a half.  I uncovered for the last 15 minutes or so.

Be prepared to fall in love with this dish.  I served with some steamed veggies and a fresh salad.

2 comments:

  1. Boy that does sound great. Will try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I used Riceland Brown Rice (not minute) and prepared the rice according to box directions, then put it in bottom of casserole. I also added about 1/2 c water. Otherwise, exactly like the recipe, and so delicious!

    ReplyDelete